Regional Medical Facility
Data Loss Prevention – Network Performance Monitoring
The customer is a medium-sized hospital in the CEE region. It offers a full range of advanced medical services, including oncology, surgery, and rehabilitation services. It employs nearly 1000 medical and other employees.
Although the facility’s network is complex, the IT team is made up of only three members. Its network uses a variety of existing network security solutions, including endpoint security, enterprise firewalls, and includes a well-segmented network structure, including a public Wi-Fi for patients, internal administrative segment, a segment for VOIP and emergency dispatch, internal medical data segment, and others.
- Lack of visibility into network traffic
- Rare security incidents which may cause significant data leaks
- Older model of firewall
- Lack of time and tools to investigate security incidents
- Frequent/chronic performance issues
While well designed, the facility network still faced several challenges. The IT team still missed out on network visibility as to the devices in the network at any given time, and had experienced several rare, but troubling security incidents. Though these had not resulted in data loss, they were alarming. The network faced chronic performance issues. The IT team lacked sufficient time and resources to handle the detected security incidents, and performance issues.
The facility was looking for a security monitoring solution – specifically to perform security functions across the network, provide visibility and performance monitoring, and secure confidential patient data.
“We were really surprised by GREYCORTEX Mendel. We thought we would see what happened after the free 30 day trial but ended up choosing it because it allowed our team to solve a huge amount of the issues we had been having immediately, without the expensive and lengthy search for new members of the team.”
David F., CIO
- During trial period Mendel detected several critical security incidents threaten both the internal and Wi-Fi networks
- Other security threats were stopped in early stages before they could cause damage
- The root of the performance issues was discovered and resolved
- Mendel filled the security gap thanks the integration with existing firewalls
- Identified a number of misconfigurations
- A number of misconfigurations (which presented a security risk) were identified
By detecting cybersecurity threats, providing network visibility, and reacting to attacks immediately, Mendel fulfills the facility’s security needs. Thanks to Mendel, the IT team can manage the network operation and security efficiently without the need to hire additional personnel. The additional Mendel’s value is to ensure compliance with the latest government regulations.